5 DAY VIRTUAL RETREAT
with Heather Prete
December 27 - 31
Sunday - Thursday
9:00am – 6:00pm (PST) Sunday - Wednesday
9:00am - 3:00pm (PST) Thursday
Ensuring a strong start to 2021, Senior Mindfulness Teacher Heather Prete will guide you to develop core strength and resiliency in the face of adversity during uncertain times.
Why join us?
Experience deep transformation through the power of a 5 day virtual retreat - 2020 has been a year of uncertainty, in this retreat you will garner new tools for the new year.
You will set the template for 2021 with time spent focusing on yourself.
Get the chance to study with Senior Mindfulness Teacher, Heather Prete in an intimate retreat setting.
Leave the retreat and walk into 2021 with a new sense of resilience.
What you'll learn
How to find a place of peace and resiliency within ourselves, not dependent on outside conditions.
How to find the beauty inherent in each moment.
How to cultivate equanimity and joy so we may be the love and peace we wish for the world.
How to savor our inner goodness and the goodness of others.
How to savor our connection with the supportive elements that are always here for us.
How it works
- All sessions are held via Zoom.
- The same Zoom link will be used for live classes throughout the retreat.
- Recordings will be available after the retreat for a week in case you miss a session.
- The retreat includes guided sessions with Heather, sessions with senior students, and self guided sessions.
- Sunday, December 27 - Thursday, December 31
- Sunday - Wednesday, 9:00am - 6:00pm (PST)
- Thursday, 9:00am - 3:00pm (PST)
- Sample schedule:
- 9:00am - 10:00am (PST) Gentle Yoga and Movement
- 10:15am - 10:45am (PST) Mindful Eating
- 11:00am - 1:00pm (PST) Dharma Talk & Group Practice with Heather
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm (PST) Meal Break
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm (PST) Dharma Talk with Heather
- 3:45pm - 4:30pm (PST) Sitting Meditation with Teacher Training Graduates
- 4:45pm - 5:30pm (PST) Live Q&A with Heather
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm (PST) Closing Talk & Meditation with Heather
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Prete is a UCLA certified Mindfulness facilitator, Self-Compassion teacher, and Mindfulness in Recovery coach. She began her formal training with Tibetan Compassion practices in 1998 and has received instruction in the U.S. and Asia. Heather spent time training PhDs at the Tarzana Treatment center and working as a guiding teacher for Mindful School’s online adult courses (which were featured in Time magazine’s cover story, “The Mindful Revolution”). She also worked with those in recovery at Alternatives Treatment Center, Westside Treatment, and BLVD Centers. Heather also spent 20 years in the theater. She is published in the book Remembering Arthur Miller and has been featured in The Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times, Time magazine, and Times of India. Since mindfulness transformed her own creative process, she’s worked with actors through the Khan Institute to teach her program, “Mindfulness for the Actor.” Since 2000, Heather has remained committed to yearly retreats ranging from seven to 30 days in length and has completed three teacher trainings. She also sells her paintings to the lovely residents of Los Angeles.
Find Your Joy
“The best thing about joy is that nothing has to happen in order for us to rejoice.
There are moments and conditions throughout our day, all day, that we can rejoice in.
~ Heather Prete